Premier Building Systems, a manufacturer of sustainable building systems and products, is seeking a Project Coordinator/Production Planner to serve our Washington Montana location (Frederickson/ Puyallup, WA).
This is an opportunity to put your construction project coordination skills to use, while supporting new residential & commercial construction projects that are building with Premier SIPS - Structural Insulated Panels. SIPS are one of the most energy efficient building envelopes systems available, and designers and builders choose Premier SIPS roof, wall and floor panels to create faster, stronger and greener structures.
The Project Coordinator/Production Planner will be responsible for preparing and transitioning projects from the project management team to the production and shipping teams. They must balance product yield, sequencing product per our clients’ request, and creating efficient load plans to reduce shipping costs to cultivate an optimum solution for all. The Project Coordinator/Production Planner will also assist with development of estimates, drafting projects, and reviewing production details, as well as checking Bill of Materials for accuracy. They will also interact with internal functional departments (project management, production, shipping) as well as the end customer.
- Nest panels for Production cutting using drafting software AutoCAD/HSB
- Stack planning for efficiency and truck space optimization
- Sequencing of panels for customer needs
- Provide guidance to internal departments to ensure they have proper information to perform their responsibilities.
- Generate estimates utilizing Bluebeam, a construction industry PDF editing tool.
- Review of production details and Bill of Materials
- Education – Associates Degree or Vocational training, preferably with a drafting/construction background
- Experience using drafting software (AutoCAD, Revit, etc.)
- Knowledge of computer systems and previous experience with programs such as Bluebeam
- Understanding of math, written, and reading skills
- Understanding construction plans and ability to visualize structure from those plans.
- Sound problem-solving skills, with ability to explain reasoning.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong time management and spatial awareness skills
Position pay is DOE, plus full benefits. Our competitive salary rewards performance, dedication, and offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Matching 401K
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, LT Disability, AD&D, and Life Insurance
Health insurance is offered after 60 days, paid holidays after 90 days, and 401k with employer contribution after 6 months of employment. Vacation begins to accrue immediately and is available 90 days after employment.
This position conducts their work in an office environment with occasionally exposure to manufacturing areas and job sites. The typical shift is Monday through Friday from 8:00am – 5:00pm with some variation during high sales volumes and with periodic overtime.
With a 60-plus-year track record of delivering high-quality building materials, we are a dynamic, family founded and operated company. We believe our team members are truly our greatest strength and pride ourselves on being a company that values integrity, customer service, our community, amazing quality, and personal safety. If you enjoy working where creative thinking is embraced and personal growth is achieved, our company is the place for you. Learn more about our company history, brands and values.
Premier Building Systems is an equal opportunity employer.