Big Sky Insulations a manufacturer of sustainable building systems and products, is seeking Forklift Operator to serve our Belgrade, Montana location. This is an opportunity to drive results, for this manufacturer of one of the most energy-efficient building envelopes produced, while working for a dynamic company with a 60-plus-year track record of delivering a high-quality energy efficient building materials.
As a crucial supply chain Team Member, our Forklift Operators transport raw materials and finished goods throughout our manufacturing facility. They help maintain quality and safety standards, keeping records, and maintaining equipment / supplies.
- Drives sit-down and stand-up forklifts
- Maintains clean work area
- Stacks crates, pallets, lumber, or other material
- Ensures the safe and efficient movement of goods
- Follows safety regulations and company guidelines
- Checks that loads are centered and properly stacked
- Determines when repairs need to be made on equipment
- Loads and unloads product from and onto tractor trailers
- Quality assurance (QA) duties, including reporting product damage sand shortages
- Shrink wraps goods or otherwise secures them and prepares them for transport.
- Analyzes production schedules to determine timely transportation of materials and products with production managers
- Document arrival, departure, and movement and storage of goods, checks trucking manifests and bills of lading, and assists in tracking fulfillment of customer and vendor orders
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to perform basic math
- Excellent hand-eye coordination, peripheral vision, and ability with spatial relationships
- Efficient individual with excellent time management skills
- Working knowledge of basic tools and vehicle maintenance a plus
- Must be able to speak and understand English
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs. and stand for several hours per day
- Must be able to work Monday-Friday.
Education, Experience & Licensing Requirements
- Previous warehouse experience
- Prior experience as a forklift operator
- Forklift or heavy machinery certification
- Completion of forklift driving course, a plus
- Valid driver’s license
- High school diploma or GED, preferred
- Previous OSHA training a plus
- Hazardous materials training, as needed
Pay & Benefits
Our competitive salary rewards performance / dedication, and offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Matching 401K (after 6 months)
- Medical / Dental / Vision / LT Disability / AD&D and Life Insurance
With a 60-plus-year track record of delivering high-quality building materials, We are a dynamic, family founded and operated company. We believe our team members are truly our greatest strength and pride ourselves on being a company that values integrity, customer service, our community, amazing quality, and personal safety. If you enjoy working where creative thinking is embraced and personal growth is achieved, our company is the place for you. Learn more about our company, history, brands and values.
Big Sky Insulations is an equal opportunity employer.