Premier Building Systems, a manufacturer of energy efficient building envelope systems, is seeking a Project & Production Coordinator (entry level to mid-experience) to join our Fredrickson (Puyallup), Washington Team.
This is an opportunity to help manufacture and deliver one of the most energy-efficient building envelope systems available - Premier SIPS: Structural Insulated Panels -while working for a dynamic company with a 60-plus-year track record of delivering high-performance building materials.
The Project & Production Coordinator will be responsible for preparing and transitioning projects from the project management team to the production and shipping teams. The Project & Production Coordinator must balance product yield, sequencing product per our clients’ request, and creating efficient load plans to reduce shipping costs to cultivate an optimum solution for all. The Project & Production Coordinator will also assist with development of estimates, drafting projects, and reviewing production details, as well as checking Bill of Materials for accuracy. The Project & Production Coordinator interacts with internal functional departments (project management, production, shipping) as well as the end customer.
- Nest panels for Production cutting using drafting software AutoCAD/HSB
- Stack planning for efficiency and truck space optimization
- Sequencing of panels for customer needs
- Provide guidance to internal departments to ensure they have proper information to perform their responsibilities.
- Generate estimates utilizing Bluebeam, a PDF editing tool.
- Review of production details and Bill of Materials
- Education – Associates Degree or Vocational training, preferably with a drafting/construction background
- Experience using drafting software (AutoCAD, Revit, etc)
- Knowledge of computer systems and previous experience with programs such as Bluebeam
- Understanding of math, written, and reading skills
- Understanding construction plans and ability to visualize structure from those plans
- Sound problem-solving skills, with ability to explain reasoning
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong time management and spatial awareness skills
- Experience in the construction industry a plus
This position conducts their work in an office environment with occasionally exposure to manufacturing areas and job sites. The typical shift is Monday through Friday from 8:00am – 5:00pm with some variation during high sales volumes and with periodic overtime. Travel may be required for training and other occasions.
Pay & Benefits
Position pay $22-27/hr depending on experience, plus full benefits. Our competitive pay packages reward performance, dedication, and offers comprehensive benefits that include:
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Matching 401K
- Medical / Dental / Vision / ST & LT Disability / AD&D and Life Insurance
With a 60-plus-year track record of delivering high-quality building materials, Premier is a dynamic, family founded and operated company. We believe our team members are truly our greatest strength and pride ourselves on being a company that values integrity, customer service, our community, amazing quality, and personal safety. If you enjoy working where creative thinking is embraced and personal growth is achieved, our company is the place for you. Learn more about Premier Building Systems' history, brands and values.
Premier Building Systems is an equal opportunity employer.