Big Sky Insulations, a manufacturer of sustainable building systems and products, is seeking a Drafter to serve our Belgrade, Montana location (Big Sky Insulations).
This is an opportunity to put your CAD/Drafting skills to use, while supporting new residential & commercial construction projects that are building with one of the energy efficient building envelopes products manufactured in our Montana production facilities.
The Drafter will be responsible for creating shop drawings for SIP manufacturing (Premier SIPS & BigSky R-Control SIPs). SIPs are Structural Insulated Panels, a form of panelized construction. The Drafter will interact with internal functional departments (Project Services, sales, and production) as well as external stakeholders, including the end customer, builders, architects, engineers and county officials. Ultimately, the drafter ensures BSI is providing the customer (both internal and external) with a complete set of shop drawings. The role requires a high level of detail and organization, as there may be multiple projects going on at the same time.
- Drafting: create CAD Structural Insulated Panel (SIP) layout drawings.
- Converts architectural drawings to "panelized" drawings using Dietrich's 3D CAD/CAM Software (for industrial prefabricated construction material manufacturers).
- Provide education and technical guidance to customers (contractors, architects, engineers and building officials) on SIP product and application.
- Provide guidance to internal departments to ensure they have proper information to perform their responsibilities.
- Q.A. check of drawings and details.
- Maintain drafting files for projects/production.
- Education – Associate’s Degree required with either a vocational or certification in a 3D Modeling CAD platform.
- Two (2) years of architectural/construction drafting using CAD can be substituted for the vocational/certification requirements.
- The ability to interpret construction drawings and specifications as well as understand building practices is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, along with working knowledge of CAD platform, with the ability to create construction documents is also required.
- Understanding of math, written, and reading skills.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills required.
- Strong time management skills.
Position pay is DOE, plus full benefits. Our competitive salary rewards performance, dedication, and offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Matching 401K
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, LT Disability, AD&D, and Life Insurance
Health insurance is offered after 60 days, paid holidays after 90 days, and 401k with employer contribution after 6 months of employment. Vacation begins to accrue immediately and is available 90 days after employment.
This position conducts their work in an office environment with occasionally exposure to manufacturing areas and job sites. The typical shift is Monday through Friday from 8:00am – 5:00pm with some variation during high sales volumes and with periodic overtime.
With a 60-plus-year track record of delivering high-quality building materials, we are a dynamic, family founded and operated company. We believe our team members are truly our greatest strength and pride ourselves on being a company that values integrity, customer service, our community, amazing quality, and personal safety. If you enjoy working where creative thinking is embraced and personal growth is achieved, our company is the place for you. Learn more about our company history, brands and values.
Big Sky Insulations is an equal opportunity employer.